Thursday, January 2, 2020

Welcome!

I thought I’d do a little post to explain why we’re here, what we’re doing and how you can get involved ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ
So in 2020, we’ll be running/cycling/any form of “sport”’ing 3000 miles in the space of 1 year to raise money for Bone Cancer Research Trust and When You Wish Upon A Star in memory of my little sister, Caroline. ๐ŸŒŸ


We lost Caroline to Osteosarcoma (bone cancer), a very rare form of cancer in 2007 at the age of 12 and When You Wish Upon A Star were beyond incredible with Caroline, fulfilling anything she wanted to do, anyone she wanted to me and still supported me and Mum since ๐Ÿ’™

Since then, as I got older, I got more interested in what took Caroline away and as I hit my 20s, I had questions and wanted to find reasons as to how and why it happened - this is how I met the amazing team at Bone Cancer Research Trust. They’ve supported me for many years now, helping me raise awareness and teaching me what I need to know to educate others. 



This year we visited the BCRT Conference and were lucky enough be invited to Bradford Uni where they are developing treatments for Bone Cancer. And this is what has inspired us to take on this (ridiculous!) challenge. This was the first real time Nick got a chance to see what me, Caroline and my family went through first hand listening to people and meeting people who have been through it too. ๐Ÿงก 

So next year, we need your help! 

If you’re a keen jogger or cyclist, maybe you’re already planning on doing a marathon or sport event, then you can DONATE YOUR MILES ๐Ÿ† Yep.. you can add your miles to our total and get involved! We’ll of course be setting up a JustGiving Page but we understand not everyone is in a position to give money so maybe just a lap around the block, or a nice Country walk can help you support us instead ๐Ÿคธ๐Ÿป‍♀️
Again, thank you to everyone who has shown support so far - here’s to 2020!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Secret affects of losing a sibling.

When someone in the family dies, for a sibling, you're almost overlooked. I've spoken to so many people in the same position, and sp...